Does the thought of traveling make you happy? Do you speak a foreign language or have a good grasp of foreign culture? Pursuing online master's degree programs in business in international business could be your ticket around the world.
Coursework for online master's degree programs in international business
Online master's degree programs in international business focus on numerous fields of study. You can learn about basic principles of business and management, along with guidelines to effectively implement your knowledge in various international settings. Courses you can expect to find in the master's degree curriculum include:
- Managerial accounting
- Technology and innovation management
- Organizational behavior and design
- Corporate finance
- Management information systems
- Information technology strategy
Careers for graduates with online master's degrees in international management or business
There are many paths you can take in the world of international business or international management. Below are some potential careers, including the latest Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) numbers on career salary.
- Market research analysts are largely responsible for the success of international campaigns and commercial advertisement. Market researchers must immerse themselves in another culture, learning the best methods to attract customers from each distinctive market. In 2008, market research analysts earned a median yearly salary of $61,070.
- Management analysts comprise the largest profession in the international business field. Becoming a management analyst requires an excellent talent for salesmanship and public relations. Just shy of a quarter of all management analysts are self-employed. In 2008, the BLS reports that management analysts made a median annual wage of $73,570.
- Accountants and auditors maintain valid, accurate financial records of any transaction committed by the organization. Accountants should be aware of the continually changing conversion rates and should be able to advise on the proper, effective allocation of funds. BLS figures in 2008 show that accountants and auditors earned a median annual salary of $59,430.
Other possibilities for individuals who earn online master's degrees in international business include careers as human resources managers, international economists, public relations specialists, and production managers.
When you're ready to take on the challenge of worldwide management and business services, WorldWideLearn.com can help you find the right place to start. The Guide to College Majors offers in-depth information on international business majors and other professional routes you can take to make your dream of international management a reality. Review specific content related to majors in communications and marketing, and visualize the roles of communications specialists and market researchers on the international level.
By pursuing a master's degree in a particular specialization in international business, even more opportunities could open. Global operations and supply chain management degrees can broaden your horizons across the world. Start with an online master's degree in international management and take the appropriate courses to send you down the right road.
Whether you choose to pursue your master's degree in international business or choose a much more precise route, such as the global operations and supply chain management graduate degrees, the first step starts with WorldWideLearn.com. Let us help you narrow down your potential business schools until you find the one that best suits your current needs and future plans.