WyoTech is more than a technical school--it's a community of career-minded students and faculty passionate about the automotive and mechanical trades. WyoTech was first established more than 30 years ago under the name of American Motorcycle Institute. In February of 2006, the name of the school was changed to WyoTech. We offer career-focused, hands-on training in marine and motorcycle technology.
Hands-on Technical Education
WyoTech offers a focused, hands-on education designed to help students accelerate their career in the mechanical trades. At WyoTech, you can count on an up-to-date curriculum grounded in real-world practice. WyoTech maintains industry-based advisory committees, a network of employed alumni, and a faculty of industry experts to ensure that the curriculum keeps up with the latest technology and remains relevant.
With a variety of programs in automotive, marine, and appliance mechanics to choose from, you can build a comprehensive yet specialized skill set in your field. Most students focus on building technical skills in diploma programs, which may be completed in less than sixteen months.
WyoTech offers mechanical training programs in the following fields:
- Automotive Technology
- Diesel Technology
- Motorcycle Technology
- Marine Technology
- Collision and Refinishing
In addition, WyoTech has expanded into several key residential technician trades:
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Structural Electricity
Advanced training is also available to students seeking targeted professional development or specialization options:
- Applied Service Management. The new training format of the Applied Service Management program will allow you to focus in such areas as Automotive Technology and Management, Collision/Refinishing Technology and Management, Diesel Technology and Management, Collision/Refinishing with Chassis Fabrication and Management or Collision/Refinishing with Street Rod and Management.
- High-Performance Powertrain. This concentration offers advanced training in high-performance applications of diesel and automotive upgrades.
- Chassis Fabrication. Students may add this course to any of our core programs (Automotive Technology, Diesel Technology or Collision and Refinishing Technology). Some of the specialty equipment students will use includes a flowbench and a 1600 horsepower engine dyno with nitrous capability.
Toward a Technical Career
WyoTech's mission is to impart relevant, up-to-date knowledge and skills to each student, and to place each graduate in their chosen field. Of course, no institution can guarantee employment, which depends on a student's dedication and self-motivation. WyoTech offers students the resources they need to succeed. In addition to real-world technical training, you can expect:
- Evaluate your professional competencies and strengths.
- Build and maintain relationships with employers.
WyoTech's technical training programs offer a solid foundation for a range of technician and service management careers. Students may work in a collision repair shop, a retail service, or specialty automotive or motorcycle shop. Or they may work in heavy equipment maintenance, HVAC sheet metal fabrication, marine fleet maintenance, or residential construction.
Paying for School
A WyoTech education is an investment in your future--and if you're like most students, you may need a helping hand on the way. WyoTech's financial planning team can walk you through the options for financial aid*, including scholarships, loans, grants, and military student aid.
WyoTech is proud to be among the few nationwide institutions dedicated to the mechanical trades. If you have a passion for automotive, motorcycle, marine, or residential mechanics, WyoTech has the applied training you need to transform your passion into a lifelong career.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://www.wyotech.edu/disclosures
*Financial aid is only available for individuals who qualify