Spotlight: Post University MBA: Innovation and Creative Thinking
Choose from two MBA tracks
- Corporate Innovation
What do students say about the Post University MBA? “I have been able to manage two classes every eight weeks on the accelerated program. “ “ I have got a lot more out of this within the eight months I have been doing it than I got out of four years of undergrad. “ “ It took me about 12 months to get my MBA. “
Founded in 1890 as a business school, Post University continues its tradition of developing business leaders with the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. The Post University MBA degree features a forward-looking curriculum that emphasizes corporate innovation and creativity. Available entirely online, the program is designed to help busy working professionals make good on their career goals.
Master Your Career Future with an MBA
The MBA degree has emerged as the gold standard for management professionals, a powerful credential that opens doors to leadership roles and increases earning power. The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC®), which collects statistics on MBA recent graduates and alumni in its annual Alumni Perspectives Survey, offers numbers to support the value of the MBA:
- Class of 2008 business school graduates report a median salary increase of 39 percent over their pre-graduate salaries
- Over half (54 percent) of alumni one to five years out of business school have received at least one promotion in their current job since graduation. Twenty percent of this group report three or more promotions
But for many graduates, the true value of the MBA is the education itself. Graduates not only gain the credentials to advance their own careers, but also the perspective and skills to lead their organizations forward. The MBA can help you tap into your leadership potential and create value for your business through innovation and creative problem-solving.
Post University Master of Business Administration Program
Post University's MBA program offers a rigorous, applied business education designed for mid-career professionals. The curriculum builds a solid foundation in business skills and theoretical principles before turning to elective courses. Students gain exposure to experienced industry professionals, learning practical techniques for growing a business and developing innovative products and services.
Program Foundation courses help you build a framework for learning. They include:
- Applied Accounting and Finance
- Integrated Marketing
- Organizational Creativity, Discovery, and Innovation
MBA Core courses cover the critical skills and theoretical principles business leaders rely on to build a successful enterprise. You'll learn:
- The Future of Leadership and Management
- Financial Modeling
- Organizational Dynamics and Effectiveness
- Competitive Intelligence
- Project Management
- Business Strategy and Planning
Two Future-Minded MBA Program Tracks
A solid foundation in business theory and practice sets you up to apply your education in one of two areas: Corporate innovation or entrepreneurship. Students choose the track that best suits their ambitions.
- Corporate Innovation helps business leaders develop the skills to lead effectively and grow their organization in a dynamic, competitive economy. The curriculum focuses on developing new markets, innovative products and services, and the organizational structures to achieve these goals. Designed with the 21st century leader in mind, the corporate innovation track covers change management and sustaining innovation in organizations.
- Entrepreneurship is designed for professionals looking to start their own business or corporate professionals interested in applying entrepreneurial methods to drive new growth. The curriculum explores new venture creation, product development and management, entrepreneurial financing, and acquisitions as a strategy for new business formation.
Both tracks adhere to the spirit of Post University's MBA program, with an emphasis on innovation and creative thinking as a means of creating value in the marketplace.
A Real-World Education in the Online Classroom
An early adopter of online learning technology, Post University has been offering online degrees since 1997. The virtual classroom allows Post University to extend its MBA program to working professionals across the country and around the world.
Focused career training and accessibility are hallmarks of Post University's online Master of Business Administration program.
Career-Focused Training: Post University meets the needs of mid-career adults with real-world, applied business training.
- Applied Education. The MBA program culminates in a capstone project, which allows you to apply what you've learned to a real-world business problem. Working professionals can develop their project in conjunction with a work initiative, extending their value in the workplace while they learn
- Experienced Faculty. Courses are taught by an experienced faculty of industry insiders. Three out of four MBA instructors have terminal degrees in their field, and all faculty arrive in the classroom with at least twenty years of corporate leadership or consulting experience
- Networking Opportunity. Small class sizes and attentive faculty make for a rewarding educational experience. MBA student Tiffany Moore observes: "The professors are always focused on everyone in the class because of how small the classes are." The broad reach of the online classroom also ensures a rich networking experience among students: "I've met a lot of different people during my time here," Moore continues.
Accessibility: A flexible, self-paced program brings the MBA within reach for adults with full-time work commitments.
- Online Education. The online format makes higher education feasible for working adults with busy schedules. "I never thought I'd be going for my MBA," comments Claude Beaumier. "But since Post University offers one completely online, it opened that opportunity for me." Most MBA students work full-time while completing their degree. This reflects a nationwide trend: according to the GMAC, 75 percent of MBA students work more than 35 hours a week.
- Education on Time. Post University's MBA degree offers the flexibility to accommodate busy schedules. The accelerated program may be completed in as little as 14 to 20 months. Courses begin every eight weeks, six times a year, allowing you to complete the degree at your own pace.
Preparing for the Future
MBA graduates are prized as big-picture thinkers with the ability to inspire teams and grow the business. Post University is leading the effort to educate tomorrow's leaders with a forward-thinking curriculum that prizes innovation and creativity. As business school graduate Chris Vargo puts it, "I learned to think outside the box." A competitive economy demands visionaries capable of creating value by pushing the state of the art.
Post University provides working professionals with the abilities and credentials to move forward in their careers. Lifelong learning is a feature of the new information economy; it's a means of opening doors and assuming leadership positions. Whether you're looking to strike out on your own or lead your organization to new heights, the Master of Business Administration at Post University can give you the resources to realize your full potential as a business professional.