Spotlight: Liberty University Online: MBA
Choose from 4 MBA Specializations:
- Human Resources
- International Business
“ As the direct result of the mentoring relationship formed between LU Online professors and our students, a number of my former students (graduates) are now close friends, and I have helped them secure jobs, promotions, and even doctoral degrees.' -- Dr. Brian Satterlee, Professor, Liberty University School of Business
If you're motivated to lead, innovate, and excel, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree can give you the tools you need to reach the top of your field. MBA students learn how businesses succeed in today's marketplace and graduate better qualified for promotions and salary increases. Traditional MBA programs require residence and high tuition, but the growth of online degree programs has made advanced degrees more accessible than ever.
Liberty University Online is an award-winning, Christian graduate school that brings business education within reach through flexible, affordable programs. In Liberty University Online's Christian MBA program, management strategies merge with ethical principles to train effective, responsible business leaders. Teaching is founded on the following principles, which emphasize Liberty University Online's evangelical roots and dedication to success:
1. A Christian worldview informs all teaching
2. The Word of God is respected as the authority for life and work
3. Justice and ethics are regarded as central to a global, free market system
4. Life's work is sacred
5. Students will become lifelong learners
6. Courses are designed to give students a competitive advantage
If you've ever struggled to reconcile your drive for success with your Christian faith, Liberty University Online's MBA program may be just the approach you're looking for. With dedicated faculty, program options, and flexibility, Liberty University Online stands out as an accessible, effective Christian graduate school.
A Christian MBA Program Dedicated to Its Students
The faculty at Liberty University Online want students to succeed both in and out of the classroom. Dr. Brian Satterlee, recipient of the 2004 Liberty University Teaching Excellence Award, embodies the dedication, devotion, and scholarship that make Liberty University Online professors unique. An academic with 30 years of university teaching and administrative experience, Dr. Satterlee offers graduate-level business courses both online and in the classroom. He says that while an online MBA program requires students to have excellent communication and time-management skills, it also offers distinct advantages, such as:
- "Times and locations convenient to the student" With online education, graduate-level learning is accessible anywhere, at any time of the day. There's no need to quit your job or relocate to pursue an advanced degree. At the same time, lines of communication are open with faculty and fellow students via the internet, so you are never learning alone.
- "A very reasonable rate of tuition" Liberty University Online's MBA courses are priced per unit to fit your budget. Also, since online study enables you to keep your day job, you can save thousands of dollars in lost income versus traditional, full-time MBA programs. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify.
- "The opportunity to be taught and mentored in a Christ-based manner" Liberty University Online's Christian MBA program ensures that professional and spiritual growth coexist as students are taught to lead with integrity and ethics.
- "Graduate faculty who are interested in their student's success well beyond the classroom experience" Like Dr. Satterlee, the faculty at Liberty University Online want to impact the lives of their students in a positive way, giving them skills and connections they will use well after graduation. The resulting networking and mentorship opportunities are invaluable to graduates as they continue to grow their careers.
- "The opportunity to build community and network with mid-career professionals representing all 50 states, over 20 nations, and just about every profession" Liberty University Online attracts professionals from around the globe and in a wide variety of industries, allowing students to build connections across professional and geographic lines. This network encourages students to learn from one another and often aids in future job placement.
Online MBA Program Options Let You Direct Your Future
Whether your interest lies in corporate leadership, nonprofit development, or ministry, Liberty University Online has an MBA program to match. To ensure broad business knowledge, all students take core courses in organizational behavior, marketing, information technology, finance, executive communication, global economy, competition, legal issues, and international business. In addition to core courses, students may choose a specialization from the following four areas:
- Accounting. Students specializing in accounting take courses in financial accounting, accounting ethics, taxation, and auditing. Graduates leave prepared to own their own business or pursue careers as finance managers, auditors, and accountants.
- Human Resources. The human resources specialization includes courses in workforce planning, compensation management, executive leadership, human resource issues and development, and corporate responsibility. Human resource graduates often establish careers as entrepreneurs, human resource managers, case workers, or ministry workers.
- International Business. International business students take classes in global finance, international business, executive leadership, nonprofit management, and entrepreneurship. These courses train students for careers in global sales and marketing, import/export, international business, and international ministry work.
- Leadership. Leadership specialists study executive leadership and management, leadership theory, corporate responsibility, nonprofit management, and entrepreneurship. Graduates frequently work as executives, managers, or entrepreneurs, paving the way for efficient, ethical businesses.
Students that are equally interested in all areas of business can choose not to specialize and take elective coursework across subjects.
About Liberty University Online
Liberty University Online grew out of Liberty University, an evangelical Christian university accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Liberty University was founded in 1971 with the mission to "develop Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential to impact tomorrow's world." Today, Liberty University Online is the world's largest evangelical university, with over 40 accredited degree programs. Graduates may participate in graduation ceremonies on the Liberty University campus in Lynchburg, Virginia.