You like to solve problems. You're good at getting people to work together. You can often see more efficient ways of getting things done. If you fit that description, completing an online master's degree program in business and organizational management may be a great way to use your skills and interests to forge a promising career.
Classes in online master's degree programs in business and organizational management
A wide range of online master's degree programs in business and organizational management are offered by accredited universities and colleges. Depending on the degree you choose--be it a master's in leadership, a master's in organizational management or another similar program--your courses will vary, but you'll likely find yourself studying subjects including:
- Management ethics
- Effective negotiations
- Innovation of entrepreneurship
- Principles of management
Master of Arts in organizational management career paths
While the time earning your master's in leadership or organizational management can be intellectually rewarding, your post-graduate prowess with a master's degree in business and organizational management can be financially rewarding. A degree can't guarantee any particular salary, but in 2009, Bureau of Labor Statistics data showed strong earnings for a range of organizational and business management careers.
- Management analysts or management consultants can be self-employed, work for a large company that employs thousands of consultants or anything in between. They analyze organizations and propose ways to improve both internal and external functions. May 2009, mean annual salary for management analysts: $84,650.
- Human resource managers can specialize in areas including hiring and placement, compensation and benefits or training and development. May 2009, mean annual salary for human resources managers: $105,510.
- Operations research analysts develop mathematical formulas to model and interpret organizational functions, assisting with management and policy decision making. May 2009, mean annual salary for operations research analysts: $75,370.
- General and operations managers plan and direct the operations of companies or other public and private sector organizations. May 2009, mean annual salary for general and operations managers: $110,550.
With these and other career options, online master's degree programs in business and organizational management can open doors to satisfying and lucrative career options. Opportunities abound in large and small firms as well as government. At the same time, some graduates start their own companies, whether to fulfill a lifelong dream or simply to have the kind of independence and flexibility that come from self-employment.
Explore WorldWideLearn.com's Guide to Majors in Business to find out more information about the world of business. You can find guides to specific specializations in organizational psychology and operations management. When you see a program that interests you, simply complete the form and an admissions representative will contact you.
Business is as old as civilization itself, but business education today is as modern as the times. Continue your research on WorldWideLearn.com today to open doors to a bright new future.