Online bachelor's degree programs in software engineering
You don't have to love Star Trek or wear duct-taped glasses to find a hot career in computer technology. The stereotype of the geeky computer nerd couldn't be further from the truth. Today's computer programmers and engineers use their talents in every setting, from Hollywood to Fortune 500 companies. Online bachelor's degree programs in software engineering can be the first step toward the job of your dreams.
Online bachelor's degree programs in computer engineering technology: Coursework
As technology continues to advance with giant strides, job opportunities for individuals with computer-related degrees show no signs of stopping. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment opportunities for computer software engineers are expected to increase by 32 percent from 2008-2018. In addition, the BLS estimates that demand will be greatest for those with a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
When you study through one of the online bachelor's degree programs in software engineering, you can learn about both basic and advanced computing skills. Your curriculum might include:
- Digital imaging
- Special effects software
- Application development
- Software testing
Attending online degree programs in computer engineering technology is often ideal for adult learners with personal and professional obligations. You can study at your own pace in the convenience of your home. While there is no guarantee that a degree will lead to a job, online bachelor's degree programs in software engineering can provide you with the skills that employers desire.
Careers for graduates of online bachelor's degree programs in software engineering
Computer programmers and software engineers are needed in almost every industry. The film industry uses technology professionals to create special effects while businesses hire computer engineers to create and maintain propriety software. Some potential job opportunities are listed below, along with relevant salary figures as reported by the BLS.
- Computer software engineers provide vital services to businesses that need their computer networks maintained, upgraded and safeguarded. Software engineers are particularly in demand for their skills creating internet applications and web-based programming. May 2009 mean salary for computer software engineers, systems software: $96,620; computer software engineers, applications: $90,170.
- Computer programmers, as their name suggests, write programs for computers. These professionals must be well-versed in computer languages, with C++ and Python being two of the most commonly used programming languages. May 2009 mean salary for computer programmers: $74,690.
- Computer systems analysts help businesses achieve organizational goals through the use of IT tools. Analysts may recommend or even develop programs that facilitate growth within organizations. May 2009 mean salary for computer systems analysts: $80,430.
Consult WorldWideLearn.com's comprehensive Guide to Majors to help find more information about majors and careers that interest you. You'll find details about computer engineering, software engineering, systems engineering and more.
Alternatively, you can browse below to find possible schools or programs. Once you find a suitable training program, take a few minutes to complete the simple information request form. An admissions counselor will contact you with further information. There is no obligation, and you can receive instant answers to all your questions.
Don't miss out on the technological revolution. Online bachelor's degree programs in computer engineering technology can give you the skills and knowledge to tap into a constantly evolving field.
Pursue your Software Development major today…
Earn a Certificate, Associate, Bachelor, Master's or Doctorate for less at Baker College Online.Visit www.bakercollegeonline.com
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Mobile Application Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Computer Science
Online. Accelerated. Affordable. Accredited.
- B.S. Information Technology - Software
Continue your education with Strayer University.
- BSIT: Programming Technology
- BSIT: Cyber Security Technology
Earn an accredited Business or Technology degree 100% online with ECPI.
- Information Science - Cloud Computing - Bachelor