Professors, Peers, & PinterestBy Kristin Marino
Pin·ter·est \pin-t(ə-)rəst\ noun, name A virtual pinboard online allowing users to organize and share images they find on the web.
With over 10 million users, Pinterest has rocketed to pop-culture fame since its launch in beta in March 2010. This rapid growth makes it the fastest growing social media site of the past year. If you’re familiar with Pinterest, it’s easy to understand why. The system of “curating” all things found on the Internet is easy to use, free, and frankly, addicting. It’s a whole new way to collect and organize all those appealing, intriguing and interesting images and ideas you come across on the Internet every day. What’s more, you can share your boards with other Pinterest users.
People from all walks of life are finding new and exciting ways to use Pinterest. While a bride-to-be might curate boards based on flowers, attire, food and more for her big day, travel aficionados can create boards based on their dream destinations. Educators have caught on to Pinterest in a big way. From kindergarten to college, teachers, professors and students are using Pinterest creatively to organize and share ideas from all around the Web and even in their own classrooms and campuses.
Not sure what Pinterest is and how it works? Learn more about Pinterest and see how and why educators and educational institutions are using Pinterest inside and outside of the classroom.
For a complete list of sources, please view the infographic.
Get hands-on training with Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America.
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Associate Degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management 60 weeks
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Bachelor Degree in Culinary Management
Get the premium IT training you need with NetCom Learning.
- MCITP: Enterprise Project Management with Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Certification
- SAS Certified Base Programmer Certification
Continue your education with Strayer University.
- MBA: Acquisition
- Undergrad Cert: Bus Admin: Entrepreneurship
Why ASU? At ASU, learning online is effective, flexible and smart. Every program delivered online is developed by the same excellent faculty who teach on our campuses, and is designed to engage students and professors in meaningful ways. The result? Our students are an integral part of a New American University.
- MEd in Teaching and Learning - Gifted Education Focus
- BA in Religious Studies
Start Smart (SM) - Try your first two online courses for only $200 each.
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business / Minor in Informatics
Take a new step in your education with Brandman University.
- BBA in Business Administration (Accounting)
- BA in Early Childhood Education