Whether you're looking for a little inspirational coaching or the latest financial news, you'll find a rich resource in Twitter. Though the microblogging service has its fair share of celebrity stuffing and boring banter, you'll also find businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals seeking a globally minded conversation on business and finance.
Whether you're thinking about starting an online business degree, going back for your MBA, or you just want some business management tips from the pros, these Twitter feeds are sure to satisfy your needs.
20 Top Tweeters for the Business-Minded
- @mint: The money-management website offers financial advice for free. Find links to information on everything from travel deals to what to look for in a realtor.
- @nytimes: Stay connected to the world at large with comprehensive news drawn from The New York Times. Business and financial news mix with politics and world markets, helping you stay up to date on all the hottest topics.
- @google: Look behind the scenes of the search engine giant and get an idea of how quickly a successful online company has to evolve in order to stay relevant.
- @DHarmesh: Find regular updates from Dharmesh Shah, founder and CEO of HubSpot. One recent tweet asks readers if earning an MBA is a plus or minus in the start-up world.
- @IncMagazine: Read tweets from Inc. Magazine, a publication designed for entrepreneurs. Read tips for moms who run businesses, creating successful PR campaigns, general business management, and more.
- @mashable: Pete Cashmore, CEO of Mashable, offers Twitter-related news, tips, and help, plus a wealth of social media tips, including how to make the most of your Twitter profile page.
- @DaveCrenshaw: Updates from the author of The Myth of Multitasking: How Doing It All Gets Nothing Done include blog links and witty twitticisms: "In a world of complexity, simple trumps."
- @RichardBranson: The outspoken chairman of Virgin Group includes links for young entrepreneurs looking for internships, recognition, and startup cash.
- @freakonomics: Authors and friends of the books Freakonomics and SuperFreakonomics gather to share articles, insights, and blog posts, all written in an approachable style.
- @TPEntrepreneur: Mike Michalowicz, author of The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, shares insights from other entrepreneurs, including lessons learned from the recession and tips on exploiting natural strengths.
- @Gladwell: Get inspired with insight from New Yorker writer Malcom Gladwell. A recent tweet lists the day's goal: "Fully listen to my critics, even if they may not know exactly what they're critical of."
- @PenelopeTrunk: Find regular updates from author, blogger, and entrepreneur Penelope Trunk. Recent tweets include adventures through New York with her young son.
- @YaroStarak: Read Internet entrepreneur updates and find some coaching and inspiration from Yaro Starak in Australia. A recent tweet: "You know you're in trouble when you say LOL instead of actually laughing."
- @problogger: Tweets from professional blogger Darren Rowse. "I blog about Twitter and tweet about blogging," he says. "Sometimes I blog about tweeting about blogging and tweet about blogging about twitter."
- @StockTwits: Get the scoop on hot stocks with this real-time stock conversation source. The feed even has an option to aggregate other investor tweets, making this a one-stop stock shop.
- @greentweet: Run your business greener or learn more about potential investments at this feed. Recent tweets revealed the gadgets in your home and office that use the most electricity.
- @GinaTrapani: Follow tech news, opinions, and more from software developer and blogger Gina Trapani. A recent tweet called Google Wave "brilliant but misunderstood."
- @Zappos: Find more business inspiration with Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh. Stay in the loop and catch Tony posting live streaming interviews, virtual happy hours, and more.
- @Threadless: See an example of business-based social networking done right on this online T-shirt company's feed. Recent tweets encourage readers to submit photos of their products to earn money.
- @davos: Browse the official Twitter account of the World Economic Forum and find opinions on business, bailouts, and social networking around the world.
Check out the business Twitter feeds above, and you might be surprised at the range of helpful information and inspiration you'll find. As business networking moves online, keep up with the evolving scene by exploring social networking technology.