The Top 4 $75k Salary SecretsBy Mary Fineday
Want the secret to the salary you deserve? We've got a couple. Check out the top 75k salary secrets, and learn more about college degrees and unlikely careers that really bring home the bacon.
Secret #1: A $75k salary isn't an impossible dream.
It might be hard to imagine earning enough money to pay down your debt and save for the future, but these salaries are possible with the right education. You'll generally need a college degree, but you could be earning what you deserve before you know it.
- Career Spotlight: Elementary School Principal. Whether you're a teacher now or considering entering the field, administration is a great path for advancing your career. A doctoral degree in education administration is the most common path to the career; you'll earn that after a master's degree. The BLS reports that education administrators in elementary and secondary schools earned mean annual wages of $86,060 in 2008.
Secret #2: $75k salaries don't require multiple college degrees.
The good news? You can earn $75k with a single degree program. One bachelor's degree in engineering could lead to a career with one of the highest starting salaries across industry. With one 4-year degree, you could enjoy a lifetime of higher earnings.
- Career Spotlight: Civil Engineer. Here's one popular $75k career that requires only one college degree. As a civil engineer, you'll design and create the systems and services your community needs. From traffic signals to water lines, these trained engineers offer a useful service. Civil engineers earned mean annual wages of $78,560 in 2008, and only a bachelor's degree is generally required for employment.
Secret #3: You don't need to be a genius to earn a $75k salary.
A healthy paycheck comes from hard work, but ordinary people earn 75k salaries every day. Pair your interests with a degree or certificate program, and you'll increase your earning power as you move up the career ladder.
- Career Spotlight: Business Management. Working in management means different tasks in different industries. In retail, you would take charge of a team that could include sales or service positions. In the professional world, management may require more technical expertise. Computer and information systems managers earned mean annual wages of $118,710 in 2008. An online graduate degree program could earn you the MBA you may need to move into management.
Secret #4: An online degree program can mean a $75k salary.
Think you need a traditional graduate degree for a 75k salary? Think again. With an online graduate degree program, you may even be able to keep working full-time while you reach your goals. While no college degree can guarantee a particular career or salary, hiring and promotions managers across industries often prefer or require formal training among applicants.
- Career Spotlight: Human Resources. Work as the human face of big business in human resources. Begin at the entry level, and use a college degree to work your way up to management. You could find yourself running training classes, processing employee information, or settling disputes between employers and employees. An online master's degree in human resources management gives you the skills employers are looking for. Human resources managers earned mean annual salaries of $103,920 in 2008, the BLS reports.
Use these salary secrets to succeed across industries. Regardless of your career goals, there's an educational program out there that can boost your skills and improve your earning power.
About the Author
Mary Fineday is a freelance writer from Austin, Texas.
With more than 160 fully accredited programs of study, Liberty University Online offers degrees from the certificate to the postgraduate level.
Independence University is your proven partner with over 30 years of distance education delivered right to our students.
Want to study at a UK university without leaving your house? The University of Liverpool offers online Masters and Doctoral programmes.
Earn Your Diploma from Home!
Try your first two online courses for only $200 each with our Start Smart (SM) Offer.
Pursue your education at Ohio Christian University.
At Fortis Institute, you may get the skills and training you need to prepare for a career.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Internet Marketing
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management